Welcome to NHL.com, the official site of the National Hockey League
Bienvenue à LNH.com , le site officiel de la Ligue nationale de hockey
Tervetuloa NHL:n viralliselle nettisivustolle NHL.comiin
Välkommen till NHL.com, NHL:s officiella web-sida
Vítejte na NHL.com, oficiálních stránkách National Hockey League
Vitajte na NHL.com, oficiálnych stránkach National Hockey League
Willkommen auf NHL.com, der offiziellen Seite der National Hockey League
Bienvenido a NHL.com, el sitio oficial de la National Hockey League
* Evgeni Malkin celebrated his 1,000th career game with a goal while Sidney Crosby had a four-point night as the Penguins improved to 97-9-5 when both players score.
* Blue Jackets netminder Daniil Tarasov set a mark for the most saves in a game by a rookie so far this season with a 47-save performance Sunday, spotlighted on the most recent edition of #NHLStats: Live Updates.
* New Jersey will aim to win its 13th straight game and match its franchise record for longest winning streak when the club hosts its Hockey Fights Cancer Night during a 10-game Monday.
On the night the Blackhawks raised Marian Hossa’s No. 81 jersey to the rafters, Evgeni Malkin (1-0-1) had his own reason to celebrate as he scored in his 1,000th career game and helped Pittsburgh (9-7-3, 21 points) earn a win in Chicago for the first time since Feb. 27, 2009.
* Malkin became just the second player in Penguins history to skate in 1,000 career games with the club, joining captain Sidney Crosby (1,127 GP), as well as the 64th player in NHL history to skate in at least 1,000 contests with one team.
* Crosby (1-3-4), who already owns the most four-point outings among active skaters (37), recorded his fifth three-plus point performance of the season, matching Connor McDavid and Mikko Rantanen for the most among all players. It also marked the 59th three-assist game of Crosby’s career, tied with Steve Yzerman and Jaromir Jagr for the 10th most in NHL history.
* ICYMI: Malkin’s teammates paid homage to his unique pre-game warmup routine, getting loose “Geno style.”
A 47-save performance from Blue Jackets rookie netminder Daniil Tarasov helped him earn his second career win and was highlighted on Sunday’s edition of #NHLStats: Live Updates. Only four goaltenders this season have recorded more saves in a game: Anton Forsberg (53 on Oct. 29), Andrei Vasilevskiy (52 on Nov. 3), Anthony Stolarz (48 on Nov. 5) and Carter Hart (48 on Oct. 27).
* Alexandar Georgiev making most of opportunity to be No. 1 goalie with Avalanche
* Bruins’ NHL record-tying home start part of ‘special’ season
* Patrice Brisebois, new Canadiens ambassador, likes potential of current team
* Marian Hossa joined by family, teammates as Blackhawks retire No. 81
Twenty teams will be in action to open the week on a busy Monday night, with no shortage of lengthy streaks on the line as the Devils, along with Mitchell Marner and Jason Robertson can all extend double-digit runs.
* Marner, who has found the score sheet in each of his past 12 games, will aim to match his career-high point streak Monday (also 13 GP from March 15 – April 9, 2022). In fact, only six players in Maple Leafs history have recorded a longer point streak than 13 contests. Marner can also become the fifth skater in the past 30 years to record multiple 13-plus game point streaks in a calendar year – he would join Patrick Kane in 2019 (20 GP & 15 GP), Leon Draisaitl in 2019 (14 GP & 13 GP), Dave Andreychuk in 1992 (18 GP &16 GP) and Pierre Turgeon in 1992 (18 GP & 13 GP).
* Robertson can become the ninth different player in Stars/North Stars history to record a point in 12 or more straight games should he find the score sheet when the Stars welcome the Avalanche and the first since Patrick Sharp in 2015-16 (12 GP). Only three players in franchise history have recorded a point streak of 12-plus contests at age 23 or younger: Brian Bellows (20 GP in 1985-86), Steve Payne (13 GP in 1979-80) and Jude Drouin (15 GP in 1970-71).
* The Devils come into Monday’s contest riding a 12-game winning streak and can match the longest run in franchise history (13-0-0 in 2000-01). New Jersey is scoring 4.25 goals per game since the start of their run on Oct. 25 (51 GF in 12 GP) – the best pace among all teams over that span. Should the Devils keep up the pace and score at least four more against the Oilers, they would establish their highest-scoring 13-game stretch in more than two decades when they recorded 61 goals during part of their franchise-best win streak in 2000-01.
Erik Karlsson (11-17-28 in 20 GP), who tops his club along with all defensemen in points, will welcome his former Senators to SAP Center just two points shy of 30 points in 2022-23 – he’s recorded more multi-point outings so far this season (9 GP) than games without a point (7 GP). Should Karlsson reach 30 points, he would require the fewest contests to hit the benchmark in a campaign by a Sharks skater.
NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos, NHL Winter Classic name, and The Biggest Assist Happens Off The Ice are registered trademarks and the Stanley Cup Playoffs logo, Stanley Cup Final logo, Stanley Cup Qualifiers name and logo, NHL.TV, Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL Stadium Series name and logo, NHL All-Star logo, NHL Face-Off name and logo, NHL Premium, NHL After Dark, NHL GameCenter, NHL GameCenter LIVE, NHL Network name and logo, NHL Tonight name and logo, On The Fly, NHL Network Showdown name and logo, NHL Awards name and logo, NHL Draft name and logo, NHL Mascots, Hockey Fights Cancer, Because It’s The Cup, NHL Green name and logo, NHL Vault, Hockey Is For Everyone, NHL Thanksgiving Showdown name and logo, NHL Centennial Classic name and logo, NHL Centennial Season logo, NHL100 Classic name and logo, NHL Global Series name and logo, NHL China Games name and logo, NHL Power Players name and logo, NHL Outdoors at Lake Tahoe name and logo, NHL Street name and logo, and Don’t Miss A Moment are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2022. All Rights Reserved. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players’ names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc.© Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2022. All Rights Reserved. Any other third party trademarks or copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.